Big vision, small step. That's an approach I often use with the people I coach, and it drives always change.
Having an idea of where you want to get to is really important to making a change, but so is getting started.
And we get started by doing something, however small, that moves us forwards.
Whether it's brainstorming ideas, researching options, signing up for something, making a plan, embedding a new habit or just having a conversation with someone who can help, taking action is the key to getting there.
Doing something is the key. Whatever happens you'll gain a sense of achievement, learn something new and open up the way to take the next step towards change.
Here's how it works:
1. Have an idea of the big vision.
2. Think of one small step you can take towards this.
3. Get clear on what this is, where and when it will happen, and how you know you'll have done it.
4. Commit and make yourself accountable. Tell someone what you're going to do and by when. Tell a friend, a colleague, tell me if you like, and promise to update them.
5. Do it. As Yoda said, 'There is no try, only do'. (youtu.be/BQ4yd2W50No).
6. Go back to 1 and repeat...
Good luck, and I hope you enjoy taking a small step on your journey.